Program of Excellence Scholarship Profile - Megan Musick

Megan Musick
Deciding to major in chemical engineering was a choice I made during my junior year of high school after it had been recommended to me by my AP chemistry teacher. At that point, I was unsure of what engineers today even did, let alone what the course material would be like. I had no clue what was ahead for my future in engineering.

I just completed my coursework for sophomore year, and I am going to be interning this summer with Chesapeake Energy in Mansfield, Louisiana, learning more about the oil and gas industry to see what interests me about it and hopefully discover a potential career path for myself as a chemical engineer. When I return in August, I will resume my coursework and begin my junior year, getting closer and closer to graduation coming in spring of 2021.

I have been told by many upperclassmen that my junior year will be the most difficult one yet regarding course material. In addition to class time and studying, I also work a part time job and am involved in extracurricular activities including Women in Engineering (WiE) and Engineers Serving Others (ESO). I am very passionate about being an involved student and gaining social experiences as well as academic knowledge. I feel that striving to be a well-rounded individual helps me to stand out from my peers.

As I am a very involved and often quite busy student, I could not be more grateful to have been selected as a Program of Excellence Scholarship recipient this year. Knowing that I will have the additional support to use toward college expenses allows me a sense of peace when thinking about my full schedule. I will be able to work a little less and spend more time focusing on my academics this year thanks to this scholarship, and that means the world to me as a chemical engineering student. I would like to extend my full gratitude to my donor, because it has truly made such a difference for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. O’Rear Inducted Into Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame

Dr. Wang receives CAREER Award